Are you a student, recent graduate, or experienced professional looking for a career change? If you are proficient in English and Arabic and would love to work for a young, evolving organization that exposes you directly to the international business community, you should apply to one of our openings!
Aurora Hikma is looking for a highly experienced, highly motivated, and detail-oriented proofreader to join our team. You must be proficient in basic and advanced grammar rules in both English and Arabic and understand how they are used within our style guides.
Our ideal candidate is meticulous in reviewing copy, noting errors such as punctuation, spelling, and word usage, and knows how to check statements for accuracy. You must communicate effectively with the team to ensure translated documents meet all company and client guidelines. You must be efficient in time management and be able to quickly pick up remote work skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review Arabic and/or English documents for grammar, spelling, and style
- Fact-check dates and other statements for accuracy
- Confirm all translations sound original
- Ensure text meets tone and style reflected in Aurora Hikma’s policies and guidelines or our clients’ policies and guidelines
- Make corrections and suggest edits to the document
- Meet proofreading deadlines
- Communicate feedback on translations to the translation team and senior management
- Create detailed reports on individual translators’ performance in terms of grammar, spelling, and style accuracy and consistency for senior management
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant experience
- Familiarity with AP and other style guides
- Familiarity with Arabic grammar, spelling, and punctuation rules
- Work or extensive social experience in the UAE, Saudi Arabia, or other GCC countries with the ability to write or speak Khaleeji Arabic well
- Fact-checking and research expertise
- Excellent grammar and communication skills
- Proficiency in basic computer programs, such as Microsoft Office
- Ability to adapt or previous experience working with Google Suite and other similar online collaboration tools
- Time management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work remotely
Interested in joining our team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter.
Don’t forget to mention the job title in your email subject. We look forward to hearing from you!