en<>ar translation intern
Are you a student, recent graduate, or experienced professional looking for a career change? If you are proficient in English and Arabic and would love to work for a young, evolving organization that exposes you directly to the international business community, you should apply to one of our openings!
Aurora Hikma is looking for three highly motivated and detail-oriented translation interns to join our team. You must be proficient in English and Arabic (near-native or native fluency) and understand the importance of paying attention to detail.
Our ideal candidates will go through a rigorous two-month internship where their translation and communication skills will be put to the test every step of the way. You will be required to update your knowledge of Arabic and English grammar, and use proper spelling and punctuation as per each language’s conventions throughout the internship period.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend a two-month remote internship online
- Read given material and research industry-specific terminology
- Convert text from one language to the other (English to Arabic and vice versa)
- Ensure translated content conveys original meaning and tone
- Prepare translated subtitles for videos and online presentations
- Cross-reference specialized dictionaries and translation tools to check quality of translation
- Proofread translated texts for grammar, spelling, and punctuation accuracy
- Follow up with internal team members and senior management to ensure translation meets Aurora Hikma’s standards
- Edit content with an eye toward maintaining its original format (e.g. font and structure)
Requirements and Qualifications
Native-level proficiency in English and Arabic (both written and spoken)
Familiarity with grammar, spelling and punctuation rules in both Arabic and English
- Familiarity with Arabic spoken and written in the UAE, Saudi Arabia, or other GCC countries
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Familiarity with basic computer programs such as Microsoft Word and the ability to adapt to using similar programs in a collaborative context (such as within Google Suite)
Time-management and organizational skills
Ability to work remotely, including: high-speed internet connection (decent video call quality), own laptop with Microsoft Office and Chrome or Safari, and own smartphone that has the capacity to join Google Meet calls and use WhatsApp for messaging